Wednesday 21 October 2009

this is a complaint

I have not been able to find decent and/or attractive bedding here in São Paulo.

When I moved here last year, I needed some new bedding. Stores such as m martan, Casa Almeida, and Zêlo were my first stops, and then I went on a search in other street stores. I was surprised to see that bedding here is either overpriced if you want good quality, reasonably priced but without enough variety in colours/patterns, or available in a lower price range, with better design but of bad quality.

I ended up buying an aubergine duvet cover from Casa Almeida, which I got for a good price. But less than a year later, and after a few machine washes, it did not prove to be of decent quality. The zipper at the bottom of the duvet cover has completely torn off and the colour has washed out. This has pissed me off.

I believe in investing in a product to get a better quality and design, especially for the long term.
I just haven't found something that is worth investing in.

Ideally, if I found something like this...

(image via DwellStudio)


(image via marimekko)


... I'd be much obliged.

No comments: