Saturday 7 November 2009

imagine not annoying me

A friend's birthday is coming up. I want to give him a little something, but he is the kind of man who has everything and needs nothing.

So I thought of Imaginarium, a store that sells the kind of shit you never thought you needed.


(image via here)


But as soon as I thought of it, I gave up. Why, you ask?

Because they have the most irritating sales people on the face of this good earth.

In fact, every time I pass by one of their stores, I think two, three times before stepping in. I know I will be hassled by some cute girl who thinks she is being charming and efficient.

My last visit was around Father's Day. The Sister and I were looking for an item completely unrelated to the holiday. We were just browsing, but the salesgirl followed us around the small store like a bad smell. She kept "suggesting" gifts for fathers, even though we made it abundantly clear to her that we were looking for something else. Yet she kept on us like a goddamn drug pusher.

The Sister and I had to leave the store. And even though we liked their vinyl wall clock,





we decided against purchasing it in fear of encountering that sales girl again.

I haven't been to Imaginarium since. And it's really a shame, because I kind of like their stuff.

Like this pink X-mas tree...




the toothbrush holder in the shape of a tooth...




these dog salt and pepper shakers...




the VW beetle photo frame...




as well as the dachshund and Christ the Redeemer shaped lamps.




(images via Imaginarium)


With that in mind, here's a little note to the owner of Imaginarium.

Get some sales people who are not going to annoy the living shit out of me.

No comments: