Tuesday 17 November 2009

in a not too distant future...

... I will post a picture that I will have actually taken myself. Of my new yellow bedroom.

I'm not a photographer, nor have I ever been. When I go on vacation, I don't even bring a camera. If there is a camera, its existence becomes unknown to me. I have no idea why this is... it's not like I don't like photography, or images. On the contrary, I'm a very visual person.

I guess I'm just a lazy bastard.

However.

As I will be moving next week to the new apartment with the Sister, I am making a vow to post pictures of my new bedroom. I will try my hand at photography and see what comes out of it.

Can't make any promises as to when these pictures will appear. It does take time to put a bedroom together. But appear they shall.

In the meantime, here are three of my favourite photographs. Obviously not taken by me.

Marilyn by Arnold Newman.


(image via here)


By Rineke Dijkstra, Kolobrzeg, Poland, July 26 1992.

(image via here)


Signs That Say What You Want Them To Say And Not Signs That Say What Someone Else Whants You To Say, 1992-1993, by Gillian Wearing.

(image via here)

No comments: