Monday 23 November 2009

saturday and sunday

Saturday.

I went to see The Killers and they did not play I Can't Stay. I wasn't asking for much, just for them to play this song, which is my favourite. At least Brandon Flowers is a damn good front man.

The concert was outside, in the open air, amongst nature. And most probably amongst horse shit because it was held in Chácara do Jockey, a riding park here in São Paulo now used as a venue for shows. It rained cats and dogs. Enormous pools of rain water and mud formed everywhere. At the end of the night our feet were soaking wet, caked in mud. And possibly caked in the aforementioned horse shit.

And The Killers didn't play the ONE song I was looking forward to hearing.

You bastards.

Sunday.

All was well again. The Sister, Cousin B. and I got tickets for New Moon. Fabulous escapism and that is all it is meant to be.

That Mr. Pattinson is one good looking son of a bitch.

When I was little, I was very into the idea of being a vampire or a witch. It seemed so glamorous to go around in a black cape (I think witches can also have capes). So if the Twilight saga was around when I was about 10, I would very much be into these vampires with magical powers. Like a 2 in 1 deal.

But who needs to be 10 when, at 30, I am very much into a particular vampire with magical powers who walks around in a stylish array of outfits.


(image via here)

(image via here)

(image via we heart it)

And we musn't forget - he also sparkles.


(image via we heart it)

Ok, enough with that.

No comments: